Arizona Language Preparatory’s primary objective is to develop a community of learners, dedicated to the highest standards of academics and accountability. As such, a distinctive uniform is a unifying factor within our school community. It is also a visible signature of our school to the larger community, an indicator of our unity and of our pride in purpose. This is one of the more important functions of a uniform: it identifies its wearer as part of a distinctive group with a distinctive purpose.
The uniform is the basis of a dress code that reflects the nobility and seriousness of our mission. Our students should dress their best, look their best, and do their best. All clothing must be clean, neat, and in properly fitting condition. If a child is deemed to be wearing inappropriate attire, the parent will be notified and a change of clothing will be required for attendance that day. If in doubt about the appropriateness of an article of clothing, check with the school office before purchasing. Questions about the appropriateness of apparel may be referred to Administration, whose judgment will be final. Administration may make specific exceptions to the dress code, as demanded by particular religious customs; parents should address specific concerns to the school administration before the second week of school.
The uniform requirements are as follows:
- Collared solid-colored long or short-sleeved uniform shirts.
- Ties may be worn with including French Toast Red Navy Plaid ties.
- Solid-colored jackets, sweaters, or sweater vests may be worn over top of a collared shirt. ALP Spirit Hoodies may be worn over any uniform top any day.
- ALP Spirit Shirts may be worn on Fridays.
- Solid navy blue or khaki uniform pants or uniform shorts.
- Cargo shorts are not acceptable uniform shorts.
- Solid navy blue, khaki, or French Toast Red NavyPlaid uniform skorts.
- Solid navy blue or white tights/leggings may be worn underneath skorts and dresses.
- Solid navy blue, khaki, or French Toast Red Navy plaid uniform dresses.
- Solid-colored tennis shoes are the most appropriate attire for school.
- Sandals with backs may be worn, but are not the most appropriate.
*French Toast is a uniform company. Any plaid matching the Blue Gold Plaid pattern is acceptable.